You know what's great about having kids? You get to watch lots of kid movies.
We've recently watched The Bee Movie in the Tahoe something like thirty-seven times. I don't actually get to watch the movies, I just get to listen to them. Actually, I think it makes them funnier.
Funniest line from The Bee Movie - Chris Rock as the Mosquito, on becoming a lawyer - "Ma'am, I was already a blood-sucking parasite. All I needed was a briefcase."
My apologies to my attorney friends. I can't really talk, I work in pharma, The Evil Empire that's out to hurt everyone, right? Yeah. [Knocking on wood that I don't get sick and need medicine to get better.]
Since I've been on a blogging hiatus, I've also not read a lot of my favorites recently. Then there was the whole problem with my own blogs not updating my blogroll since I hadn't posted forever. Whatever, it all culminated in me just tonight reading a bunch of blogs at a speedy pace.
Guess what I just found out?!
House Hunters is a total scam.
They pick families that have already bought their homes, and either film right before closing, or right after. So two of the homes are totally bogus. And the "reality" is staged.
I guess I probably knew some of that, it always seemed so cleanly cut and dried, nothing like my own house hunting with my own husband. How did these couples come to such easy agreement on their new home, just based on seeing three? We've seen three hundred and still can't agree!
This would also explain why they never responded to my application when they were filming in St. Louis. Apparently the fact that we truly were just hunting for a house wasn't good enough.
Well, back to my hiatus. I'm still trying to right my ship.
- H
6/9/10
Lying liars
By Heather on 6/09/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
This is the total fad for reality shows now -- "Faux" reality. Shows like Pawn Stars and Operation Repo get pawning & reposession scenarios from other people in the industry (hell, they probably just completely make them up) and vamp them up for reality TV. WTF? I mean, really, I could care less about a show with fugly repo men, but it's totally fake on top of being a huge bucket of suck and dumb? Come on!
Just don't tell me "Hoarders" is fake. Mama needs that show like gin needs the tonic.
Post a Comment