7/24/10

Recovering

I've spent the last week trying to figure out how I'd write about the last week. In the end, I am incapable of summing it all up into some cohesive story. So bullets will have to do.

I flew to Colorado.
I flew to California.
I drove up and down the coast working a territory that was completely foreign to me.
Southwest lost my luggage on the flight to California.
If you're flying, don't wear underwear that binds, in case you end up having to sleep in it.
My oldest boy got sick as I was leaving town with a head cold/viral something or other.
I got his virus the second day in California.
My husband finally got a diagnosis for his mysterious wasting/GI disease while I was in California, by way of an alarming call from the health department that he'd tested positive for an obscure protozoa. Yes, folks, that means he had worms, or something like them.
My son got sicker, and had to be taken to the doctor, who noticed an irregular heartbeat and sent him for an EKG. He's on medicine and his heart is fine, thank God.
I got sicker, and instead of working through Friday and having time to visit my friend Sara in Orange County (which is remarkably far away from the northern side of LA where I was staying and working), I ended up leaving Thursday night so I could come home.
My thoughts about what the hell I'm doing and how we're going to possibly keep this thing going were abundant this week.
I landed just in time to enjoy the 100 degree heatwave with high humidity. Yes.
I woke up this morning with a pinched nerve in my neck/back/shoulder area. I can't look up, or to the right. I can kind of look left, as long as it's slowly.
I realize that with children, you must be extremely specific with your instructions. When I say "only draw on paper" to my son, I must also explain "and by paper, I mean blank paper and not books or mail or anything else that resembles paper or is made of paper.
I read Little Bee. I loved it, if you are the sort who reads I highly recommend it.
I read Her Fearful Symmetry. It stunk. I didn't care for it. If you like shallow character development and lots of details about a stinky old cemetery in London, you'll love it.

- H

8 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

ugh.

Glad your husband has a diagnosis as I assume that means treatment can begin and he can get back to feeling better. Cause you know that when the men are sick, no one has any fun.

Heather said...

Oh God, Heather! When it rains, it friggin' pours. Wish I could give you a hug! Or babysit or something. So glad to hear DH got a diagnosis! I don't know how straight forward the treament is for something like that put here's hoping it is quick! I hope you can get some rest and get better soon too, dear. I'm thinkin' of you!

Mandy_Fish said...

Protozoa sound scary! Did he get it from traveling to worm-y destinations?

Amber said...

So sorry to hear about a hellish week, Heather!

Glad they figured out DH's issue. I hope he's on the mend.

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

Aw, dangit. Please feel better soon. And next time you're feelin icky in Colorado, know there's a down comforter and some soup waitin' for you here.

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, Heather. :(
So sorry. Hope things calm WAY down for you.

Mary Jo said...

Oh Heather I'm sorry. Yay for worms though.... or, well, yay for a diagnosis for N and him hopefully feeling better soon. I'm glad that C is OK but what a scare. Hopefully you truly are covering now and have some down time before the next crazy time hits. HUGS

Shannon said...

ok, i'm late to replying, but i just got home from florida... so sorry about your week. glad N got diagnosed. stay strong!!! hugs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...