I recently ran across the 52 portraits project on the Southern Institute for Domestic Arts and Crafts, and I am somewhat surprised to say I kind of like the idea. Although her portraits are pretty and artsy and um, mine ar not.
I don't know that I can actually put together a true self-portrait, let alone one a week, but there are snapshots of my daily life that I'd like to capture.
I started today.
Griffin got sent home from school right after he got there for having "constant" diarrhea. Hello, rotovirus, it's been a while since we've seen you. Sorry to see you're sticking around for a little while, I'm sure there's a house somewheres else you could visit?
So my happy, carefree, wild as a spider monkey Griffin and I met my mom and my nephew for lunch. It's always fun when Griffin climbs the walls and performs death-defying feats of balance while you're trying to eat a meal at a restaurant. I made my mom sit next to him.
We climbed back in the car, and a few blocks down the road this is what I saw in my rear view mirror.
There is something so blessedly quiet about a wild toddler that's fallen asleep. With a book in his lap.
Oh, and this was my dashboard thermometer yesterday.
- H
8/4/10
The portrait project
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment