11/12/10

The one where I talk in code about work.

I feel like I've been emotionally abused. This day, this Monday of all Fridays, has picked me up and spanked me on the buttocks and set me back down on the couch, all withered and weepy and whatnot.

Where to start. I knew last night it wasn't gonna be a good one. I had a sense of foreboding. I had the thought of cancelling the day with the salesperson I was spending the day with. But no, I got myself gussied up and managed to meander down to a cracker little town called Festus to wait for aforementioned salesperson. Who called to tell me the doctor decided to stay home today and cancelled our meeting. Whereby I rejoiced! Joy! Jubilation! I didn't cancel on them, they cancelled on me! This was the day's high point.

I turned the car around and made my way back home, returning seventeen of the twenty-three phone calls I'd needed to return for three days, and stopping for pie at the Blue Owl on the way.

Then the middle of the day passed with little event. Then a conference call at 4:00 (which is always bad news, just in case you were wondering). Whereby my manager announced that a colleague who I talked to on Monday and business was usual, now he "wasn't with us anymore" and proceeded on with her discussion as though the dead body we just ran over didn't exist and just look the other way, people, there's nothing to see here!

The rest of the call included good news! Drama! Colleagues making comments with negativity in their hearts that were smacked down by the manager! More drama! Much behind-the-scenes texting of dramas because that's the fun part of a conference call - you make the call on your home phone and text on your Blackberry.

Oh, and then when it was over we all ate chili and I sulked and felt like I'd been beaten up.

So how's that for an ambiguous post with very little information that explains very little? That's exactly how I felt! I need a vacation.

- H

1 comments:

Anne said...

You mentioned Festus. Are you referring to Festus, Missouri by any chance? One of my high school friends lives in that town. She also owns her own CPA firm in nearby Crystal City. She and I grew up together near Memphis. By the way, I like your writing style very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...