When I get a minute, I'll elaborate. For now, feast your eyes on this hot mess tunic. You'll be happy to see it covers my butt.
OK, my kids are busy trying to kill each other so I'll leave them to their own devices and elaborate a little. Y'already know I wanted to make some knit tops that would cover my butt with leggings, something tunic-y. I found this Vogue pattern while at Hancock's, and it was on sale. Bonus!
As usual, I really struggled with finding the right fabric. The pattern says you should mix and match and I am no good at that. But I chose to white knits - one solid for the body and one with a pattern for the sleeves. In the pics you can barely see the print, but it's there.
All was well until I came to the part where you attach the flounce. Honestly? The instructions were super sparse. It was like "stitch on the flounce. Voila, you're done." Huh?
Like, what about the hemming? Do I hem the flounce? Do I hem the sleeves? Maybe I missed that part, but I don't remember seeing anything about finishing.
Which is cool with me, because I hate the finishwork. So now I have a tunic that covers my butt and I didn't have to finish it. Perfect.
- H
11/13/10
I made a shirt. So there.
By Heather on 11/13/2010
This is about sewing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Heather,
That shirt is awesome! It looks so nice, especially with the cowboy boots. Kudos to you. I can't sew at all. Seriously, that's an adorable tunic.
Tracey
Cute tunic! I bet there was no finishing. Seem like there are a lot of raw edge knits. I love it since I greatly dislike finishing, too!
Yeah I agree with Heather... I bet the pattern left out the finishing since it's made with knits.
Post a Comment