11/9/10

Shackers! Posting every day is hard.

Oops, so sorry that I fell down on my promise of daily posting a la NaBloMoPo or whatever the hell it's called. Yesterday, I simply did not write anything. Which is hard to believe, considering I thought of a lot of things.

Now on to today's frivolity. Such drama! I wore my favorite pink cowboy boots! I bought fabric!

That's right, you heard that right. I'm so irritated with the clothes that are available in stores right now that I've taken it upon myself to break my I'm-not-going-to-sew-anymore-for-myself-dammit pledge and I'm going to sew for myself again. You know why?

My butt does not need to see the light of day.

It's that simple. I want to wear leggings so I can wear my cute pink cowboy boots. But I can't find shirts that just COVER MY BUTT. Is that so much to ask? A cute shirt with cute details in a knit or otherwise fabric that is forgiving and also such that extends past my glorious glutes so that nobody has to actually look at them?

So. I'm taking it upon myself to make some. I stopped by Hancock's on my way to pick up the kids this afternoon, and whoa nelly. Their bargain fabrics in the back? The ones that have been discontinued? They are totally way better than the crap they sell up front. I bought way too much but at $1.95 it was almost like a travesty not to buy it, you know? Because I'll regret it when I want it and then it's gone.

Oh, and by the way patterns are on sale, too, so of course I bought six or nine of them. I couldn't help it!

Anyway, I've made a pledge to finish at least a few of these projects by Thanksgiving. I'm taking a week off work that week and with little else to fill my time like kids or work or a house to take care of, I should totally be able to sew eight or nine hours a day.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow's excitement.

- H

1 comments:

Logical Libby said...

I agree with you about the shirt thing. I love leggings, but no one needs to see what I'm packing.

Of course, I don't sew, so I will probably just end up wearing heft bags with holes cut in them -- like last year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...