When I was younger, without children, I used to love Fall Back. For those heathens in Indiana who are reading, that's when we in time zones who can't seem to leave well enough alone participate in daylight savings time and we change our clocks. Last night we rolled them back an hour, so instead of waking up at 7 in the morning, surprise! You wake up at 6.
When you're young and unencumbered, you just sleep more. It's lovely. When you're not? It totally sucks. My kid wanted to get up at 6:30, the sun was up and being obnoxious in the windows, all around it was tough. Although the upside was no line in the drive through at Dunkin Donuts, so that's cool.
Now it's only 4:30 and it feels like it must be bedtime already, right? Why won't these little people just fall asleep already! I've given up, and I'm hiding inside on the couch while they play outside. Now if I could only find a bottle of chilled wine, this would be an awesome moment.
- H
11/7/10
The longest day ever
By Heather on 11/07/2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
yes - longest day ever!!!! i just asked craig how 1 hour can feel like 5... and my kids didn't wake up early, but the day sure did drag on... and on.
Post a Comment