12/1/10

Eat or be eaten

When my life starts to eat me up, I start to sew. This is something I've realized about myself over the past few years. It's important to note that when the seas are calm and the weather is warm (this is a metaphor, people) then I don't sew.

Even so, sewing should be a practical and fun diversion from the reality of being ate up, right? So if'n I'm gonna sew, let it be something useful that I might need. I have lots of coats. I even donated lots of coats this year and I still have lots of coats.

I also have many pairs of jeans. Five piles of pairs piled up in my armoire. I believe five piles means plenty. And, I want to sew. So I should choose something I don't have too much of, right?

Uh-huh.

The problem with being ate up is that you're ate up!

So I'm going to make a coat.

And some jeans.

Wish me luck.

Oh! I almost forgot! I lost three pounds my first day and half of torture. Isn't that awesome? Yeah. It didn't make today's forfeiture of all pleasure in my eating any better, but my jeans weren't so tight so that was a plus.

- H

2 comments:

Manitoulin Threads said...

I just found your blog and love it! I am a stress sewist like you...(I typed "sewer" first and then realized it could be read as a stinky underground tunnel for sewage..tee hee) Keep up the entertaining writing!

Me? A Mom? said...

Why do you think i've been churning out the quilts? Same affliction.

awesome on the three pounds. I thought of you today as I ate slice after slice of banana bread.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...