Three. straight. weeks. It is not even March yet and I've been away for three separate weeklong meetings. The good news is the meeting season is OVER. The bad news is I can't feel my fingertips and I have a strange pain in my lungs. I swear I caught some sort of African flu at the Opryland hotel last week. It was under water six months ago, and my room was on the ground level. Can you say mold?
Never fear, I will survive as we all do, right?
On one of the sixteen flights home, I sat next to a techno geek. I wouldn't have called him that myself, he used that phrase to describe himself. So I'm not being catty, I'm merely quoting.
Anyway, he was showing me how to work my new iPhone (thank you, company, for making me turn in my beloved Blackberry and learn this dagnabbit* contraption) and some fun apps to put on it. I sheepishly pulled out my iPad, a Christmas gift from my husband, and confessed I've done nothing with it other than surf the net.
So when I got home last night, and the dust had settled, I set about loading up that iPad with games for the kids. It is now 5:15 p.m. Less than 24 hours later, and one of my sons will cry giant crocodile tears if he can't play his "games."
I have created a monster.
Sadly, this monster does not yet know how to fold laundry. Apparently his father doesn't, either, as this is the scene I returned home to. I had washed and dried all of this loveliness before leaving.
That's ok! I love folding laundry! Doesn't bother me a bit! I have a whole second weekend day I can devote to it.
- H
*I was in Nashville. What do you expect?
2/26/11
I've survived but the downside is I created a monster.
By Heather on 2/26/2011
This is about working while mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
The transition to the iPhone may be difficult but I have to believe you'll learn to love it! (And "dadgum" is another good Southern word. Just in case you need one. :-))
Post a Comment