1/29/13

I'm writing a book. So there's that.

I'm a-gonna write a book.

So that's why I'm writing this here blog post instead. Cause writing a book is HARD.

And before you're all like "oh, Heather, you must be writing about how whacked you and your crazy family are" NO, it's not that. I'm writing a children's book. Sort of.

See, you may have noticed, I have boys. And boys like boy things. And guess what? Now that my oldest is reading (or really trying hard to become a reader), there aren't a lot of cool books for him to read for his age. There are short stories about sports and there are "baby books" (his term, not mine) but there aren't cool, intriguing stories written for a boy in first or second grade.

Enter his mother, stage left. I had this moment the other night, not aided by wine or anything, where I decided I wanted to write a story that he would love to read. And then his brother, in a few years. And then maybe another story, and another, and then pretty soon I was totally the guy who wrote Diary of a Wimpy Kid and made it into three movies. Which of course means we're millionaires and all that. But first, the story is the most important thing.

So I'm working on it. I took myself to lunch today and outlined my idea for the first book.

I also need an illustrator.

And I might need a new laptop.

I have a feeling this "book" is going to be very expensive.

- H

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...