11/20/08

DON'T Google it

I talked to Griffin's pediatrician a little bit ago. His bloodwork from last night came back fairly normal....with one exception. His neutrophil count was low. We're going to recheck it on Monday at his one-year appointment.

There should be some sort of law. When you get some potentially scary medical information, you should not be allowed to Google the possibilities until you know for certain what you're dealing with.

When I googled neutropenia in babies, the first and most prolific topic that popped up was leukemia. Now, my Griffie doesn't have leukemia. I know his counts on Monday will be back to normal. He just goes wild off the charts when he gets sick, that's my gut feeling. But reading those things did some major damage to my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right, you should not Google. Bad idea. I am sure he is fine!!

Angela said...

Oh wow. I am sure he is just fine. But it is because of Google that I am glad I didn't know about B's DS until after he was born. I would've gone nuts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...