11/21/08

Spitty, Gassy, Gaggy

**copied from Baby Doo Giffie Loo's blog**

Happy Birthday, Big G!!! It's been one year today since you graced this family with your sunshiney presence.

I'm working on a photo retrospective of the past year, but I mistakenly moved all of our pictures onto an external hard drive and now I have to move them back and sift through them! Dang the efficiency.

I was reminiscing today at lunch about my hospital stay with Griffin. Those of you who know me know I loved being in the hospital delivering my boys. Such wonderful sense memories! One of those memories is the night nurse from my second night with Griffin. She was a wonderful lady with long brown hair. She was wearing a fleece jacket over her nursey outfit. She had a great way of holding and burping Griffin, who was already a burpy kid. He swallowed a lot of fluid on his momentous last moments with mommy, so he had a hard time getting all of that out of his belly the first few days.

I remember nursing him almost constantly until that nurse (can't remember her name!) suggested I supplement a little formula because he was such a big baby. So I did, he took an ounce and passed out for four hours! She woke him up to bring him to me, and he started gagging and choking. She burped him, taught me how to burp him sitting up, and handed him off.

I turned to look at his bassinet and on his little blue name card, she'd written "Spitty, Gassy, Gaggy." After we left the hospital the next morning, I felt sick that I hadn't taken that card with me for his baby book. I'll never forget those three words emblazoned on his card!

Honestly, he hasn't changed too much since then.

A little less gaggy, a little less spitty, and no one could have predicted how stinking sweet he'd be.

God Bless you, Giffie Loo! I love you.

1 comments:

Angela said...

HA! That is great. I, too, would be sad at leaving that behind. Happy bday, sweet G!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...