1/26/09

Another trip down Ye Olde Memory Lane

Ahh, college. Remember those days? Yeah, me neither. But we were young, and energetic, and we could sleep until eleven.

Right before Christmas I had to deactivate my Facebook account because Facebook (or FB, as the usies call it) was suddenly sending me all sorts of weird emails from other "friends" and I think I caught the FB virus that was going around. So I deactivated and waited awhile, and then today I activated my account again.

And GUESS WHAT?? My friend Jane, who I'd been thinking about and looking for for a few months, is now on Facebook! Jane was my college roommate and friend, and I'd lost touch with her.

So in honor of Jane, I pulled out some old pictures I had of that time, and scanned them on my crappy scanner. Cause there's nothing more flattering than pictures of you when you had Big Hair and weird clothes that came up way too high on the waist, and you can't Photoshop the pictures because they aren't digital.

So here's a picture of Tami, me, Fumo, Kelli, and Dirks. I don't know what happened to Dirks. I mean, in life. I have no idea where she is now, except maybe she's on t.v. somewhere? I thought she wanted to be a television newscaster.


And here's another great shot. Jennifer, Kelli, me, JANE!, and Dirks. Dangit, Dirks is in literally every picture I have from college!


This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Fumo and Jane, in our dorm at ISU. Fumo looks like she wants to punch Jane, probably because Jane just punched her? Or maybe she did something gross? I can't remember! But it makes me laugh.


My twenty-first birthday, with Tami and Fumo. Hey, at least our hair was getting shorter by then. And Dirks wasn't in the picture. In fact, by this time I don't think I even knew where she was? Did she move? I have no memory.

So it was a short trip down Ye Olde Memory Lane, but it's really good to know where Jane is again. She's one of those people I always like to know where they are, even if I don't talk to her as often as I'd like.

She has three beautiful girls now. I can't believe how big they are! Which means I can't believe how old I am! Yikes. These pictures were from at least fifteen years ago. Ye gawds! Time, she's an evil woman.
I love you, Jane! Good to see you again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! Your hair is hilarious!!! I just can't picture you like that, well now I can. Wow! Impressive!

Anonymous said...

Aww-I am laughing and crying at the same time right now! You are hilarious! You HAVE to post those on your facebook so I can own them! I am so glad that you got back on FB because I was asking about you daily! I am so happy for you and the beautiful family that I always knew that you would have. You look UNBELIEVABLE!! Do you use Oil of Olay? heehee! I love that one of me and Fumo-I must have that one. I am going to post my cell on a message to you so you can call me. love you!
Jane

Ginger said...

Oh my! 80's hair. Is that crimping I detect in the picture of your 21st birthday? Makes me feel all nostalgic. Maybe I'll have to pull out some of my old pics too!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh. That hair!!!!!!!! Not just yours, but all of yours! Wow.

Mary Jo said...

OMG Heather those pictures are the best! Why? Because I and my friends all had that bit hair too! Or as I call, it "helmet hair". So fun! MJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...