1/25/09

Bento lunchboxes, anyone?

Has anyone else ever heard of Bento boxes? They're these cute little Japanese stacking boxes (I think) that you pack full of food.

Anyway, in my surfing this afternoon, I came across a whole new world of people who make Bento boxing a hobby! This includes an awesome website called Cooking for Monkeys. That woman is seriously talented. She made cheese look like a dinosaur. I bet I could get Cooper to eat stuff if I cut it in the shape of a dino. At this point Griffin will eat anything, but I'm sure there will come a day when a dino shape will help him, too.

Then I found this great website which is like the Bento Dollar Store or something like it, where you can order Bento boxes and assorted accessories for super cheap. Which is helpful, because I don't live in an area with a lot of Japanese food supply stores.

I might give this a go, see how it goes.

And where am I going to come up with all of the free time involved in packing a lunchbox (or dinnerbox) with foods shaped like animals, you ask? Cheese and grapes on a stick together, you ask?

Well, I have been ceremoniously invited, along with the rest of the business unit I belong to, to a Very Important Conference Call tomorrow around the lunch hour. I guess I better double check the time, although at this point it seems unimportant. The important thing is that there is a very good chance this call will include VERY BAD NEWS.

In my industry, it is not a good sign to get an email after the close of business on Friday inviting you to a MANDATORY conference call on Monday. Mondays and Fridays are typically reserved for layoffs, which are also common. Ah well, such is life. I'm not too worried because the call could just as easily be good news, or it could be about something completely irrelevant to job security, like budgets and such.

We shall see. In the meantime, I will cloud my brain with plans of packing Bento box lunches for my picky eater. He likes sushi. Maybe this will be like sushi without the raw fish and rice, and rolls and stuff?

4 comments:

Marci said...

I've never heard of Bento lunchboxes...that's what I love about your blog-it's very informative!
Good luck with your conference call. I am sending positive thoughts your way.

Christia said...

Look @ this one!
http://gizmodo.com/5105938/obsessively-detailed-wall+e-bento-art-is-way-too-perfect-to-eat

AMAZING!

Christia said...

PS I KNOW Julian would eat Wall-E Bento!

Christia said...

Ok so I got sucked into the Wall-E girl's Bentos
http://annathered.wordpress.com/

Seriously!?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...