1/25/09

I found my bliss

You know what I'm doing right now? I am actually laying on my couch, wrapped in my favorite red blankie, propped up against my new feather pillows, typing with my laptop on my lap. Why is this so great? I'm alone. All of the men in the house are sleeping; even the dog is curled up on my husband's coat, snoring.

I am in heaven.

I'll be drifting off myself pretty soon, but in the meantime I'm watching my DVR. I taped "The Property Shop," a new show on HGTV starring this fabulous big-haired real estate lady named Tatiana from Montreal. She's got big hair and a big personality and she's really neat to watch. I remember seeing her on Buy Me a few years ago and being captivated by her freaky hair!

Some other good news...I was just "hired" (if you can count a job that doesn't pay as being hired) to write for the Blissfully Domestic Family Channel! So yay!!! I hope to have something fit for publication soon. When I found that site, I remember going to bed that night thinking "what exactly is bliss?"

So now I know. This is it. Quiet solitude on a snowy Sunday afternoon. An adult television program, watched without interruption, on the brink of a nice nap. That is bliss.

Zzzzzzzzz......

4 comments:

Marci said...

Yay, Heather! I'm so happy for you... it sounds like a delightful afternoon.
Thanks again for the banner, too!

Shannon said...

i am right there with you... hadley and mason are napping, and craig took carter out to get his hair cut. i am snuggled in my chair, with my laptop, and i am catching up on my DVR. the perfect sunday afternoon!

Angela said...

I love it!!

Here is my bliss:

Benjamin is asleep for the night. Matthew and Andrew are at church for another 1/2 hour or so, and then as soon as they get home, M will put A to bed.

My house is completely clean.

As soon as I fold these three loads of laundry, I will be in bliss with my TV and DVR. :)

Christia said...

Wow! That is absolutely fabulous Heather! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...