1/2/09

Blog etiquette?

What is the rule with blogging - if I'm in a bad mood, am I allowed to blog in a bad mood? Or is every post supposed to be upbeat and happy? Because I'm just not upbeat or happy right now. So am I allowed to blog right now?

I hid my previous post, from New Year's Eve's festivities. I know I'm upset and I feel as though my viewing public shouldn't have to be upset with me. But dangit, I'm upset!

I've started to evaluate my life as a single parent. Could I do it? Should I do it? Is this as bad as I think it is, or am I just a ninny? Why can't someone else come solve my problems for me?

I don't know how people do it, separate. Divorce. It seems like such an insurmountable task right now. I don't even know if I'll ever do it, but it's on my mind a lot.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I say blog just as you want to. If you're sad, blog sad. If you're silly, blog silly. Either way, I think it's therapeutic. Love you, Heather! :)

Anonymous said...

I think you are courageous to blog in any mood and tell what's really on your mind. I find myself shying away from blogging about anything but light-hearted topics, and I think it's because I'm not really brave enough to truly open up to my varied audience: parents, in-laws, siblings, etc. So, blog on, Heather! You deserve a badge of bravery for expressing your true feelings! Good luck with everything...I'm rooting for you!!! Marci

Ginger said...

I say post away whatever you feel. I agree with Angela. It's very therapeutic to put your thoughts and feelings out there. Besides, as your friends we are here to share your pain as well as you happiness. Blog away!

Anonymous said...

Blog your mood. It is theraputic and we don't mind reading (and advising).

Life as a single parent wouldn't be much different than what I do now, besides the fact my kids would be with my parents during the day instead of with Ian. That is it. Only change. I do 100% of the childcare when I am home. I go out by myself with the kids every weekend. I eat out at restaurants, I go to Disneyland, I attend work functions...by myself (or with the kids). It isn't all that bad once you get used to it. In fact, it might be a relief to not have that extra burden known as a husband.

You are a very very strong woman. You are an amazing mother and your sons will be happy and healthy no matter what you decide. If you raise them away from Neil, I imagine that they will be very kind and generous men who understand and admire their mother's strength in going it alone. Either way they will love you forever, as will we.

I agree with Angela, a nice e-mail stream may be in order. Wait until Tuesday when I am back in the office!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...