1/4/09

The good

Ok, so my last few posts were whine-filled. I realize that, I have no control over it at this point. Blogspot just doesn't let me 'hide' posts! It only lets me delete them or edit them. So they remain, a marker in time, but let's move on to some good stuff, eh?

I'd like to document, in list form, some great stuff from 2008, some things that consistently make me smile, and some things I love, in no specific order.

I love my fuzzy wuzzy boots from J Crew. They make me happy each and every time those swingy tassels bounce, which is every step.

Griffin gives hugs and kisses! You see, his brother didn't do these things until he was Old, like two. Now his brother does lots of hugs and kisses, and they usually go along with wanting something or apologizing for something. But Griffie, no, not him. Griffie hugs and kisses all day long just because he likes it. Griffie will lay his head down on your shoulder or your chest and snuggle, just because he likes it. I love that about him.

I have quite the Christmas decoration collection going on. I know, nobody wants to hear about Christmas anymore, but it is still something that brings me joy when I open those Rubbermaid containers and exclaim "I forgot I had that!" Good times.

Cooper has the best imagination and it really came to life in 2008. He freaks me out a little sometimes, and I have to remind myself that he's two and not four, but it's so awesome to hear him prat on about how his dad is a ballerina. His dad hated that story, but it was a keeper. I finally unpacked my cheapy videocam so I shall soon be sharing his personality with the public. Stay tuned.

This was the year we got AT&T U-Verse, and our lives have been changed forever! Consistent internet service, no rebooting the computer after it goes on standby, a DVR that actually works? Who knew?! I reiterate that this is one of the best decisions we've (I've, really) ever made.

My brother let a urologist make a little snippy clippy correcto this fall and maybe he and his wife Jericia will be bringing a new Havekost into the world soon! I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for them, it would be great to be an aunt again. With the rate of males born in this family, in another few generations we could repopularize the name Havekost to the general public, or at least give it a good shot.

Noggin was another great thing we found this year. Cooper never really watched tv until recently. He'd watch a little Elmo, a little Curious George, but nothing really clicked. Then we found Noggin, and we found Caillou. The love affair began that day. Our DVR is chock-a-block with Caillou, Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends, Arthur (my personal favorite), Max and Ruby, Go Diego Do, Dora the Explora, and Yo Gabba Gabba (my least favorite). Now I just have to work on letting him watch a little less tv and finding more interactive things to do while the weather is still bad.

Tomorrow my baby Griffin goes in for ear tubes! That's great news around here. It means his constant fevers and crankiness and night wakings will stop! Cooper's tubes were a godsend, I'm hopeful that Griffin's will be the same.

I got a new book (and a new bookshelf!) at Costco today. It's called The Shack. Others have raved about it so I'm going to read it and see what I think. It's a little on the religious experience side, but maybe it'll change my life. I'll let you all know what I think.

Marci, this is for you - I had to delete my Facebook profile because I got a virus somehow. And I can't reply in your blog to your posts! I just wanted to let you know I laughed so hard at your post about 'busy whiners.' Right on, girl! I'm going to put in a little plug for you to switch to Blogspot so I can reply to your posts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody comments on my blog because it emails everyone the comment, which annoys them and me, so people usually just email me directly when they want to comment. I've been thinking of switching to blogspot for awhile, just been lazy about actually doing it! Maybe 09 is my year to make the switch! Have a fabulous week, Heather! Marci

Christia said...

Heather, we <3 Caillou (or Julian does, I personally can't stand the kid) and Gabba also! I hope that 2009 is a great year for you! Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...