1/24/09

The day we slept our lives away

My two anklebiters and I made the unconscious decision to sleep the day away today. We got up at a reasonable hour. 5:55 a.m. For a Saturday that's actually an unreasonable hour, but around here it's pretty normal.

As we sat on the couch watching Arthur, I could not peel my eyes open. They just didn't want to open. Finally by 7:15 we were out of the house on our way to our morning trip to Bread Company.

We came home, Griffin went down for a nap, Cooper and I laid on the couch. My eyes inadvertently closed. I tried to peel them open by hand. It didn't work.

Griffin woke up, and the three of us set off to buy dog food and eat lunch at Culver's. On the way to PetSmart, Cooper fell asleep in the car. He roused long enough to look at the fishies, birdies, and kitties.

We ate a great unhealthy lunch at Culver's, home of the butterburger, and he fell asleep on the way home. So much for going by Home Depot to pick out lights!

He went down for a nap when we got home, then Griffin went down again, then I laid down with Cooper. When we finally all woke up again, it was 3:00.

3:00 and we've accomplished nothing! So I guess maybe this is going to be one of those wasty days where we don't do anything. OR, I could fold the seven baskets of clean laundry that are staring at me? Naahhh!!

3 comments:

Christia said...

OH man! Last night was a rough night as far as sleeping goes, so I totally took a nap too! Glorious naps, I don't do them often enough!

Marci said...

Sounds like a perfect Saturday!

Angela said...

I love me some sleep!

Hey, you'd already been out of the house twice? That's productive to me! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...