1/23/09

I have no patience

I booked airline tickets for me and my kids to fly to Florida this spring and spend a week in the sun with my parents.

So now I want to leave now. I have no patience. I don't want to wait another few months. I want the trip to be next week.

I have done myself a great disservice this week. I am in a pharmaceutical downward spiral. Nothing serious, nothing major, no biggee really.

I got a headcold. This happened at the same time that Griffin started sleeping through the night (THANK THE LORD, THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN, GRIFFIN SLEEPS AGAIN!!) so I am definitely getting enough sleep. But I couldn't breathe the other day, so I squirted a little Afrin up my nose to help that out, which it did. Afrin is a wonder drug, you just can't use it too often or you get addicted and then your nose will get stuffy waiting for its Afrin-crack. My baby's ear, nose and throat doctor (eww, what a gross specialty) suggested it for him (my baby) and it worked wonders.

So my nose was stuffy, and I had a ton of stuff to do for work (big fancy speaker doctor visiting from UCLA, etc. etc.). I took a half of a Provigil pill Wednesday morning. This usually makes me feel great! Zippy! Young! Energetic! This time...nothin. I got nothin. I was still tired, sluggish, slogging through the day. Someone I work with even commented on the dark circles under my eyes.

I got home late that night and had a fairly fitful night's sleep, so Thursday morning I took three-quarters of a Provigil pill. Once again, not much effect.

By Thursday night, I really really needed to sleep. So I took a Tylenol PM (which was also supposed to help the hives I had on my neck as the PM part of that is just subtherapeutic Benadryl). I slept great! Like my baby, who also slept great. But I woke up and the Tylenol PM wasn't done working with me. So I had to take another half a Provigil pill this morning so I could get up off the couch and lead the conference call I just got off of.

Now I'm in a vicious cycle of uppers and downers. Granted, they're not serious or strong and I've not even taken the full therapeutic dose of either drug, but it's irritating nonetheless.

So there, I've prattled on for this many paragraphs about my drug-induced fog. This weekend I'm going to detox off all medications and hopefully by Monday I'll be back to normal.

2 comments:

Christia said...

I too have no patience! And I hope that you're able to get back to normal this weekend! :)

Marci said...

Where do your parents go in Florida? Jeff's ps go to Naples for the winter. We visited them last year, but won't make it this year.
Hope your drug situation gets straightened out!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...