I was talking to my friend Cindy on the phone yesterday. She confessed that she has a shocking habit. She actually shops when she's feeling blue. Have you ever heard of such a thing?!
And just then, my doorbell rang. The UPS man (my grandma used to call him the ups man, as in life has ups and downs) brought me a box! My my, what could it be?
Well, friends, it held one of the most pleasant antidepressants I've ever held in my hot little hands. Actually, two of the most pleasant antidepressants.
You see, I'd thought I was going to be spending next week at a business meeting out of town, so I'd ordered some new shoes to wear to the meeting. They were a little pricey, but they were on sale, which makes it OK. I figured, hey, if I don't like them I'll return them.
In fact, I love them. I have quite possibly never loved another pair of shoes as much as I love these. They will live with me for a very long time, and one day I will pass them on to my granddaughter, or at the very least a nice resale shop, for the next generation to enjoy.
See? I feel better already!
Oh, and the meeting was cancelled. So my New Best Friends and I will be staying put here in sunny San Louie. All the better.
1/6/09
I feel better already
By Heather on 1/06/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
You mean everyone doesn't shop when they feel blue? Those shoes are gorgeous! Unfortunately, they are a bit to casual for my daily uniform, but gorgeous nontheless.
Post a Comment