Wowie wowie, I am a domestic goddess. I made a new dish tonight and it was really super good, which is so unusual for things that I cook!
You see, it all started with my struggle to feed Griffin. Starting at 5 months, or whenever it is you start giving babies baby food, I have tried to find things that Griffin likes to eat. He just really never liked baby food. He does like yogurt, but how much yogurt can one child eat in a day?! Not that much.
I had tried giving him "people" food, but until recently he really didn't have the whole chew/swallow thing down. Then suddenly one day, he devoured an entire something or other, I can't even remember, and I thought "hmmm, maybe I should try more people food again?"
Well, lo and behold this child suddenly likes to eat! He ate an entire slice of pizza by himself last night. I even lifted him up to look for hidden pizza in the high chair and there wasn't any. He loves meatloaf. He loves bananas as long as he can hold the whole thing and chew on it. He eats macaroni and cheese, he eats turkey, he pretty much eats anything we hand him now. I watch him like a hawk for choking, he doesn't choke. I mean, he almost never even gags on food, which is weird.
Tonight I made a new meatloaf so I could freeze slices and have something to feed him. Here's the recipe, it was super good:
1 tube turkey sausage
1 tube ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
4 cubes of frozen spinach I had made a month or two ago, so about 1/4 cup? I could have added more
I used my hands to mix it all up, put it in a pyrex dish and baked it until the thermometer read 180, which was 75 minutes on 350. It was tender, juicy and tasty. He devoured it.
It's nice, letting go of all the jars of baby food. We get an entire kitchen cabinet back to ourselves again!
1/6/09
Martha Stewart's got nothin on me
By Heather on 1/06/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Mmm, that sounds delicious. What exactly do you mean by a "tube" of ground turkey?
Post a Comment