1/22/09

My psychic reading

OK, I don't want to offend anyone, so if you're offended by psychics, you can stop reading now.

A couple of years ago I heard an NPR interview with Victoria Laurie, a psychic who also writes detective novels (she calls them psychic eye mysteries) that feature a psychic. Go figure. I thought it would be fun to have a psychic reading, so I booked my first one. Since then, I've had two more. My latest was on Monday.

I know, I know, it's stupid. It's not real, it's entertainment. But I have to tell you...it's eery how accurate she is about what's to come in my life! Sometimes I don't even realize it until after the fact that she's told me such-and-such is going to happen, you know?

So I booked my 2009 reading for Monday, and she called me at 10:00. I won't go into all the details, mostly because I can't remember them all, but here are some highlights that have already freaked me out...

She ran through a list of dead relatives who wanted to say hi, who they were related to and how they died. Most of these people wanted to give a shoutout to my parents for some reason.

After talking for about ten minutes, she kind of sighed and said "ok, I have to ask...do you know someone named Ruth?"

I said "yeah, my husband's grandma Ruth died two months ago."

She said "Ohhhh, ok. Because she's yelling at me, say Ruth! Say Ruth!" How weird is that? I haven't told my husband yet. I don't think he'd believe me.

Then when we were talking about my own family, she said my mom's mom died of cancer (true) and she wanted to tell my mom not to worry about her knees. She said my mom's knees are bad, and she's going to need surgery, but not to worry...just to go ahead and get them both fixed at the same time, and that everything is going to be ok. I just kind of nodded, thinking "boooo-ring! Let's get to something good!"

My mom called me on my way to Springfield this morning. She wanted to know if taking glucosamine/chondroitin with hyaluronic acid could help her knees? Cause her knees have suddenly gotten much worse and she's having trouble getting up after sitting. She's in a lot of pain. Wow, Grandma, good call on the knee problem.

And apparently my Grandpa is really intent on my mom getting a dog? She said he really wants her to have a dog, that he's projecting a lot of dog energy on my mom.

Well, later in our conversation about her knees, mom and I talked about my upcoming trip to Florida to stay with them.

I said "Southwest won't let dogs on the plane, so I guess Binnie isn't going to get to come with us."

Mom said, "Oh, that's too bad. I was hoping she could come and then stay with us until we drive back in May." I wonder if that's why all the dog talk from my Grandpa?

So those are a few highlights. She talked about my job a little, my husband's job a little, some other odds and ends. It was entertaining, but I won't really know until next year how accurate any of it was. Still, a good time was had by me!

5 comments:

Marci said...

Interesting. I had a psychic reading once a couple years ago and she got a couple things right-on, but she was way off on a few others.

Christia said...

Wow! That really interests me. I don't know how much I believe, or what, but it's crazy! My mom is a really big believer, she's sort of obsessed with Sylvia Browne, and my sisters are really into Tarot cards. Anyway. That's so crazy about your mom's knees, and Binnie!

Brett Havekost said...

any sibling news?

Marci said...

Why do you have hives? That sucks--sorry to hear it.

Shannon said...

very interesting... i have always wanted to do a reading. i used to be obsessed with Sylvia Browne too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...