OK, I finally met with the orthopedic doc, and his physician assistant. Two nicer guys you've never met. The doc's sleeve cuffs were really dirty, he really needs some new shirts. And he had dandruff, but I digress.
Apparently I have developed something in my elbow called a plica. From banging it in the same spot a couple of times, I've developed a thickening of something or other, and it's interfering with my bones being able to extend all the way. It kind of is like a fat pad (except it's not fat) that is keeping the bones from moving fully the right way.
I tried to take a picture by setting up the camera on the sofa table and capturing the difference in my arms. My photographer's assistant insisted on helping me.
So this is me extending my arms as straight as they can go. The left one sticks out because it won't twist flat, if that makes any sense?

And then he was twirling...

So I'm starting on an anti-inflammatory and I'll prolly eventually need a laparascopic surgery to "smooth out" the plica. The doc said they don't tend to respond to nsaids or physical therapy.
This morning we did some laundry...

You, too, can take fabulous pitchers with the help of Photoshop. Your pitchers can go from this...

To this! With a few simple clicks, you too can be a Professional Furtograffer.

So that's the update. Not too exciting. Surgery some day, Aleve today.



3 comments:
Plica, huh? That sounds like one of the security words.
Sorry about your arm, but good you don't need surgery yet?
Laundry pics adorable!
You just never have a dull moment, do you?!
I've got a million dull moments. That's why this blog is so wordy!
Interesting! I'm glad you don't need surgery tomorrow! Kind of gross about the dandruff though. Eeew.
Post a Comment