2/5/09

Feelin' a little logie today

Logie might be a word only my mom uses. But it perfectly describes a certain state of being. Like when you've taken some cold medicine and you feel sort of out of body?

I haven't taken any cold medicine today.

I started reading a book last night that rocked my world. Literally, it caused my mouth to gape open and my hand to cover it. I gasped out loud a couple times.

It all started innocently enough. A girlfriend from work called me yesterday to catch up. We hadn't talked since October when we were both in San Francisco together. As we chatted, and I unloaded some of my recent stories on her, she told me about a book that helped her. She thought it might be able to help me, so while we talked, I drove to Borders and bought said book.

I was walking to the checkout counter with one book in hand when something caused me to turn around. I guess in the back of my mind I wondered if this author had any other books that might be helpful? I went back to the section and lo and behold, there was this one. I bought them both.

I left them in the bag, under some clothes in my room, until it was time for me to go night-night. Then I propped myself up on my pillow and cracked the book open to the middle. I'm one of those people who likes to scan books before I actually turn to page one and start reading. I know, I know, it's cheating.

All I can say, because I can't say a whole lot right now, is that every single word I read caused a catastrophic shock wave to run through my system. These were things I already knew about my reality, my life, but to read them on someone else's pages was so moving.

This woman doesn't know me! She's never met me and she wrote this book a long time ago. But I'm living it. It's the strangest sensation, as if my psychic was involved or something?

I know this post is a little too vague for most of my readers. You want to know what the book is, already. What's she talking about?

Don't worry, it'll all be cleared up soon. I'll dish the dish, tell the story. Just gotta finish actually reading the book and highlighting it (yeah, it's that good that I'm going to highlight it), then I'm going to send a copy to a friend of mine, and then once I've processed the whole thing....then I'll dish it out. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Ooh...seriously, that was a HUGE teaser! You sounded so mysterious and what an amazing review for the "mystery" book! Glad you're loving it and hope it helps...

Angela said...

HUGS!! I'm glad you found a good book. :)

P.S. My word verification is "grify," which is very close to Griffy. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...