I spent the first two or three years of college not terribly concerned about what my final degree would be. You can imagine the joy my parents had at my aimlessness.
I finally declared a major in English because hey, I can read. I can write. And I didn't have any other interests or clue what I might do with my life. Once again, joy registered in my dad's heart when I told them I was going to graduate college with an English degree, and I didn't plan to teach.
Well, lo these many years later, it has paid off. I've finally found my outlet for writing in this blog, and my first article for the Blissfully Domestic webzine was published yesterday! There was a slight glitch with the byline but now it's fixed and you can behold the wonder of thrift store shopping here.
See, Dad? Not so bad, eh?
2/21/09
My degree in English is finally being put to use
By Heather on 2/21/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Congratulations!! Great article...inspired me to finally make the trip to Goodwill to drop off bags of clothes. Will go today!
That's great! I was cracking up over your story because I did the same thing--majored in English without any plans to teach. I guess it's good for blogging, at least, right? :-)
Post a Comment