The title of this post pretty much says it all.
I'm taking the boys to the beach in a few weeks and I'm going to have their pictures taken. I'd like their clothes to look relatively timeless. I want them to coordinate without matching exactly. I'd like them to look shabby chic, you know? Linen shorts, solid colors, colors that look like an ad for Ralph Lauren or something? Except, without the horses on the shirts.
I'd like the look to say yeah, we live in Naples when we want to and we live in France when we want to, and we don't care. We may have spent $400 on these shorts, but you can't really tell. You know what I mean?
Except that I'm not going to spend four hundred bucks on shorts, I'm not insane.
I seriously can't find anything. I've been to Janie and Jack, Gymboree, Gap Kids, J Crewcuts. I looked at mini Boden's catalog and online. I looked at the catalog for Tea Collection. And Chasing Fireflies.
Does anyone have a suggestion? I don't have a lot of time and I really need to either order something now or we'll show up looking like a bunch of Midwestern ragamuffins, which isn't really the look I'm going for, you know?
2/21/09
Need help dressing my kids for the beach photo shoot
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Did you check Lands End?
Check out Garnet Hill (www.garnethill.com) - their clothes are amazing, especially for the girls. In the boys section there are good classic shorts with an updated cut from Gold Rush. You could pair them with a classic white polo for a really clean look or funk them up with a cool tee. Lots and lots of choices for girls. Not fancy, not pretentious, not expensive, but really good quality and artfully designed.
I like CWDkids for my boys. I particularly like the Hartstrings and ELand brands. They offer classic good looks without the logo.
Happy Shopping!
You know... we did beach photos a couple of years ago and just did denim and white. It turned out great. It looks simple and classic. It looks good in black and white, sepia etc.
good luck!
I think the "Lawn Party" collection at GAP would look nice:
Either this shirt http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=43807&pid=624357
Or this shirt http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=43807&pid=624356
for Cooper and then maybe this shirt http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=45237&pid=622321 for Griffin.
Just roll the sleeves up 3/4 and put on some khaki shorts and barefeet!
www.bodenusa.com
When are you going??? Where are you going? I would love to meet you if we are close!!!
Post a Comment