2/27/09

Oh look, shiny balls!

I'm sitting at the airport in Dallas, one of the best spots on earth to watch people. There's a true eclectic mix of cultures, races, and cowboy boots. You've got urban cowboy, rural cowboy, Spanish cowboy, and garish cowboy. I love it.

This brings me to my new love (yes, these stories are actually related, by way of cowboy boots). I am in love with shiny big statement necklaces. I'll tell the story.

Last week I made my morning treck to Bread Company, where I spotted a seriously chic woman. Let me break down her outfit for you so you can see what I'm a talkin about.

The first thing that caught my eye were her kickass cowboy boots. Seriously, they were awesome. Low heel, rounded toe, worn like she actually rides horses or something but you know she doesn't, she owns a boutique. She had on cool jeans, and a light brown fitted wool blazer. Wedged bob haircut, like 95% of the female population right now.

So no big deal, right? Cute, cute, all cute but nothing stunning (except I did lust after those boots a little too much, but whatever).

Then she turned around.

And I was breathless. She had on a white fitted t-shirt under her cutie pie blazer and the most stunning yellow big beaded necklace. So you see??!! That necklace was the clincher! Literally. It made everything else look so perfect I could have puked if I didn't have a fear of puking.

I am in love with big shiny balls. I mean big shiny necklaces. Like this one.
Or this one.
I ordered both of them from Anthropologie. That way, I can wear a white t-shirt and jeans every day (yay!) and if I stick one of these babies on, I'll totally look pulled together.

Love the shiny balls.

Also love the website Sproost that my friend Sara tipped me off to. It's a site that shows you pictures of different rooms and asks your opinion. When you're done, it tells you what your decorating style is. It was totally accurate for me, it said I was French Eclectic mixed with something else (cottage chic maybe?) Wow, it's been five minutes since I took the quiz and I already forgot. Basically, I'm a mixture of Pottery Barn, Ballard Designs, and Wisteria. Take the quiz, see what you think.

2 comments:

Marci said...

I so know what you mean about a necklace making an outfit. The necklaces you ordered are very cool; can totally see you wearing them. I bet you're excited to get home and hug your babies!!
Oh also, love the title of this post. "Oh look, shiny balls!" Reminiscent of the tube sausage post, perhaps?

Shannon said...

those are so pretty! good tip on how i can dress up my plain black and white t-shirts i always wear.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...