I got my Bento box supplies from Japan! They came in the mail yesterday. Yes, I ordered stuff from Japan, but to my credit I really bought it on Ebay and realized the seller was in Japan afterwards. It was free shipping. Who would have guessed they were overseas?
Last night we brought out the eggs and attempted to make egg molds. Seeing as how the instructions were all in Japanese, I'm not sure I did it right.
First, I hardboiled my eggs.

Apparently eggs in the United States must be bigger than Japanese eggs. We have big chickens. Our eggs kind of overran the mold shapes and oozed out the sides a little. Except for the bear, who oozed out but then managed to not fill his shape entirely?

And then after they're done cooling (overnight for us), you open the molds and voila! You have bunnies. The bear didn't turn out, he was missing an ear. Refer to photo above (oversized eggs) for explanation.
The lunchbox is super cute. It has a little carrying case inside of it for separate foods. Super cute! Now I just need to pack a lunch someday for Cooper.
The lunchbox is super cute. It has a little carrying case inside of it for separate foods. Super cute! Now I just need to pack a lunch someday for Cooper.


5 comments:
OMG--where do you find the time?
I remember your blog about wishing there were a few more hours in a day, but when I read all you've been up to, I swear you do have more hours than me!
Did the boys think the eggs were adorable?
Yeah, Cooper loved the look of the bunny egg, but he didn't want to eat it and he said it stunk. It did, they smelled eggy. I can't make hardboiled eggs.
LOL! Julian wouldn't eat that either. He's super picky, but dang it's cute! I would use the bento box for his regular lunchtime stuff!
I thought of you the other day when I saw an ad in the window of our local sushi place advertising Bento. It made me smile.
We get tons of cute stuff from Japan. Almost too much of it. My aunt and uncle live over there (and teach) and have since 1991. My cousins grew up there. We went to visit in 2005. My mom has been three times and LOVES it. Their Hundred Yen (Dollar Tree) stores are amazing. Multi-leveled and full of tons of useful stuff. Seriously!
Post a Comment