I tried to access the Nie Nie Dialogues this morning and I couldn't. So this makes me worried. I've searched the net to find out what's going on, but there are no updates. Including on one of her sisters' blogs, cjanerun. That is also a lovely little blog if you'd like to check it out.
It's so lovely, it won a 2008 Weblog Award for Best Major Blog or something like that.
I wonder how you get to that level? Do you just have to network until you've got a bajillion readers and they all vote for you or something? That sounds like a lot of work.
Well, I got some good news (maybe?) this morning. My job security is now more certain. My career path was a little fuzzy in the last few weeks since the FDA has suddenly decided they're totally EFF'd and can't make any decisions. Luckily, my company has stepped up and said "yes, you have a job, you're going to sell something, don't worry." So, I won't worry.
Back to the FDA. The deal with the government is this....you don't get in trouble when you work for the government for NOT doing stuff. You get in trouble for DOING STUFF. So in order to stay out of trouble, they just STOP DOING STUFF. This would, of course, not work in the private sector. Which is why I'm troubled by people who think the government can solve all of our problems. Remember who you're dealing with. Think back to your last visit to the DMV. Or your last talk with the IRS. Yep, that's them.
2/6/09
Where's Nie Nie?
By Heather on 2/06/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I haven't seen anything on her blog, either. If I find anything out, I will let you know!
I'm worried about Nienie, too. That rocks about your job security!
There's finally an update on her sister's blog that says they are working to restore nienie's blog.
That is so great about your job! Things are so uncertain in so many sectors so it has to be wonderful to know you are safe! :)
Post a Comment