I just read Stephanie's comment on my last post. She said "hang your frames or I'll think you ordered them just to be nice."
That got a good laugh out of me. You know why? Because hanging anything in this house is an enormous ordeal. And you know what else? This just happened to me. Well, it happened to my coat rack in the closet.
I was sitting at my desk when I heard a loud ruckus, and lo and behold the coatrack my husband hung without the special tool had fallen down.
See, this house was built before The Big One. Or wait, before The Second Big One, WWII. She was built in the thirties. You know what they didn't have back then? They didn't have drywall.
Nails really like drywall. Those cute little picture hanging hooks that you nail in on an angle? They love drywall. You know what those things don't like? They don't like plaster over concrete.
That's what we have. We have plaster walls, and the exterior ones are just fused straight onto the concrete that's then somehow attached to the brick exterior. Seriously, to hang a simple picture in this house, I had to buy a hammer drill.
A hammer drill is awesome. It hammers while you're drilling. The only drawback is you need special fasteners because it creates this HUGE HOLE in your wall. It doesn't work with nails.
So I'm just procrastinating on going to Lowe's to buy the special fasteners and digging out the hammer drill from the basement. When I do both of those things, then I'll hang my new pictures.
Oh, wait. I won't hang the red and blue frame because I contacted a photographer in Florida and I'm going to have the boys' pictures taken on the beach when we're there in March! I'm so excited. I really liked her work, and I can just see an adorable beach shot of two cutie pie brothers in the red and blue frame. So that one is still sitting on the desk, waiting for its pitcher to come home.
2/19/09
Why I haven't hung my new frames
By Heather on 2/19/2009
This is about feathering the nest, shopping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I'm glad you posted today. I was becoming worried that you wouldn't!
Where's your post today?!! I need my daily Heatherty Featherty dose!!!
hee, hee. Ok, so it is a little harder than I thought.
Where are you staying in Florida? When will you be there?
We will be there March 13-22.
Email me tsblackiston@comcast.net and let me know!! Maybe I can take your pictures for free. They won't be as good but could save you some $$.
I'm so excited! I love the frames and can't wait to see the pictures that that photographer takes :)
Post a Comment