2/24/09

Why moms should always be at doctor's appointments

I may have mentioned, I'm in Texas. At a meeting.

So my baby's fifteen-month doctor's appointment was Monday, and that meant dad had to take him. This struck fear in my heart, but then of course I talked myself into thinking it would all be fine. Dads are certainly capable of taking babies to doctor's offices, right?

I called my husband last night {whilst in the midst of a horrible migraine, so my memory of the call is a little foggy} and asked him how it went. I will color-code the conversation to make it easier to read:

How was the appointment?

Oh, it was great.

How was Griffie doing?

He's great.

What about his speech? Was she worried about his speech? {He only has four or five words.}

No, she said he's great.

OK. Did she listen to his lungs. {He was wheezy this weekend and we started breathing treatments again.}

Yeah, she said he was a little wheezy but he sounded great.

OK, so he didn't get shots.

Well, he did get the one from when his twelve month appointment was. And then there was another, M something? Or Hep B? I can't remember.

Wait a second, he got shots? I thought he wasn't going to get shots? {I thought he wasn't going to get shots because I asked my husband to say no to shots because I didn't want him getting any because he is sick and wheezy and I am delaying his vaccine schedule.}

Yeah, he did get one. Or two. I can't remember. He did great.

OK.

So you see? This is why moms should always go to doctor's appointments. I got one thing out of the visit. It was great. That's the gist of it.

Irritates me.

5 comments:

Marci said...

I'm panicking, Heather, cause I lost my favicon! I'm going to return to the email you sent and try to get it back. I was playing around with my template again and think I must have screwed something up.
LOL about your husband/dr appt! I know you probably don't think it's funny, though, so sorry. But that is just so typical husband, you know?

Marci said...

Okay, I got my favicon back. I was worried for a moment. All is well. Hope you are headache-free this evening!

Mary Jo said...

Good gosh that conversation was enough to give you a migrane! Sigh - well I guess... that Neil did a "great" job. Hope your migrane goes away! MJ

Angela said...

Sigh. Men. Sorry, H. :(

Anonymous said...

I had to send Ian to Lily's 12 month appointment. I gave him explicit instructions that he was to not get *any* vaccines. He wimped out and just put me on speaker phone so I could tell the doc myself. :P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...