3/21/09

Comfort food saves the world

I am making banana bread. If you read my post from yesterday, you know that I just need to stay home this weekend and do homey things and make comfort food.

So I'm staying home today and baking banana bread. My internet friend Melissa gave me this recipe a couple of years ago, and it is so good I will never make another version of banana bread again.

Seriously, it is that good.

It's so good I think Presidents and leaders of countries should have it in their secret stash, so that when international crises occur (and you know they will), they can get on the Red Phone and say "quick, I need a fresh loaf of banana bread, hot out of the oven with butter!" And once the Enemy tasted the yummy goodness, all warm and soft and buttery, they would change their mind and not be the Enemy anymore.

So I'll share it with you, because I like you guys.

Melissa's Unbelievably Good Banana Bread Recipe {I picked the name}

1 stick butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 350. Butter or spray a loaf pan.

With electric mixer {I actually use my hand blender thingy, I use it for all cooking}, add each ingredient in the order I listed them, mixing well.

Pour mix into pan, and bake for 75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

You can add 1/2 cup of nuts if you like, but I don't like anything crunchy in foods that are not supposed to be crunchy.

Remove it from the oven, get it out of the pan when it's safe to do so, spread a bunch of butter on the first slice and sink into your couch for a long nap.

Heather

2 comments:

Shannon said...

enjoy your banana bread... i am so jealous! it is one of my favorite things!

Angela said...

I love that recipe. Sigh. I just can't bring myself to make it "diet." :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...