3/20/09

Oh look, a baby wolf!

My land, I've had quite the week. I felt like if this week were one day longer I might not survive it.

It was my first week back to work after vacation, which is always hard. It was also my first week working in a new specialty with accounts I've never met, and my manager rode with me. He's very nice, I like him, but this was not my best week.

By Thursday, I had accidentally driven off at two separate gas stations with the fuel hose still in my car. This is embarrassing, if you've never done it before. I paid for my gas with a credit card so it's not like I was trying to do a drive-off or anything, but it kinda looks like it.

Not to mention the dudes at the station that laughed at me.

Or the guys at the Jiffy Lube that freaked out when I stepped out of the car with it still in DRIVE and it started rolling forward! That was a good one.

By this morning, I was just praying to make it through the day.

I dressed myself quite nicely, if I do say so myself. The first day of Spring brought forth my lovely white ladycoat, a pretty silk blouse and my navy pants. I even wore a necklace! Yes, I was dolled up good.

My plan was to work in the morning by myself, pick up lunch and then take it to a new-to-me office where I was going to meet my manager and another rep (who happens to be close friends with my manager and has worked with that office for a while). Sounds easy enough.

I went to an appointment out West first thing. It ran a little late, so I dashed into McAlister's to pick up the food for our lunch at 10:45. I got back in the car and started the 45 minute drive to Illinois. That's when I listened to my voicemail.

I guess I'd gotten my wires crossed with the other rep. She had ordered food from the Olive Garden near the office. We were going to have double food. So I called her and she arranged for me to drop my lunch boxes off at a different office before I met them.

I was racing against the clock at this point.

I was also freakishly hungry. I could have chewed my arm off, I was that hungry.

So I figured the second office wouldn't mind if I showed up with nine lunches instead of ten, and I reached into the back seat to snatch a boxed lunch. It was a club sandwich. Yay! I would have eaten it if it was brussels sprouts, but whatever. I ate one of the halves, sucked down a Coke and put back half of the cookie in the box. The crazy life-altering hunger was finally gone, and I arrived at my lunch only 15 minutes late.

We had a lovely time, they're lovely people, good times were had by all. I ate a breadstick from Olive Garden.

Then it was time to leave. They all got up. I got up.

I thought "what was that?" as something dropped from the sleeve of my lovely ladycoat.

It was ham.

Everyone looked down and saw it.

Oh, well. It's Friday. I survived.

Heather

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just snorted. It was very ladylike. Way to shovel the food in while driving. I swear that is where all of my excess calories come from!

Marci said...

I love the Easter eggs in your nest. Cute, cute. Yeah, I know that kind of eating. Wish I didn't, but I do. Hope you're able to sew this weekend!

Anonymous said...

OK now ladies,,,I would have to ask,,,,Have you started memopause?? Are your hormones balanced? Or have you quit smoking? All of these things have happened to me, then the Doc. said "Well no wonder, You have NO hormones." LOL, its now 20 years later and he is taking me off HT treatment and the same things have been happeneing. What bothers me most is the Brain FREEZE. I get to some point of calulating figures,,,and suddenly I have no Idea where I even am at!!! This is getting frightening. BTW, I have also quit smoking (46 Years) 58 days ago. Now I can't even type or spell. What the Heck is next? Any suggestion?? Other than a gun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...