I finished my Barcelona skirt (made from Amy Butler's skirt pattern) and I am in love. This is one of the cutest things I've made for myself. Ever. In my lifetime. And that's a mighty long time as I've been sewing goin' on a quarter century now!
{Please disregard the fancy blowze and pearls as I went from working to sewing and trying on}
So in honor of the loveliness that is this skirt and Amy's fabrics, I am hereby offering one lucky blog reader her own semi-custom-made Barcelona skirt.
"How do I enter?" you ask. Simply leave a comment to this post {I'm going to attempt to use some official random number chooser if more than two people enter, which is highly unlikely} by midnight on Monday, March 30 {I am an idiot and said it was April Fool's earlier ~ just disregard that part} and you're entered to win! **Another edit ~ if you are an anonymous commenter, you'll have to at least sign your comment with your initials so I know who to announce as the winner. Thanks!
I'll consult with the lucky winner afterwards on sizing and fabric choices. As you can see, I have quite a stash of Amy's fabrics to choose from, as well as some others that would be super cute. Or I could make it with your own fabric.


So tell me what you think. Is it cute? Do you like it? Do you wear skirts? Maybe you'll be sporting one of these babies this spring, too.
Happy spring!




12 comments:
Heather, you are so talented ~ the skirt looks great! I wish I could sew, knit, etc.... (sigh) How do you make the time with 2 little ones?
I LOVE it and want one!!!
It turned out super-cute!
Monday isn't Ap Fool's Day, though. Wednesday is. Or did I mis-read?
Pick me, me, me! I totally love that green print fabric! The girls want a "real" sewing machine and they want "mommy to teach them"...which is really funny since I can barely sew on a button!
you rock! it is beautiful, and it looks so nice on you.
Does it have an elastic waistband for someone with a slightly larger frame then yours?
No, but your wife would look lovely in it.
Girl....I want one!! Sure you got enough fabric? J/K I'll get one in my goal size for the summer if I win. :)
Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! I said that you need to quit your day job and write for a living because I love your blog and you totally make me laugh! However; now you're going to need to multi-task because you are a FABULOUS seamstress as well! That's beautiful and I soooooo want to be entered in the contest! How GREAT would it be to be one of the first to be sporting a Featherty frock!
Here's my initials because apparently I'm too blonde to figure out how to leave a comment another way! MKS
I would love to win! That is adorable!
Ok, I looove that skirt. And Amy Butler is at the top of my list of faves!! I made a table cloth from one of her fabrics even. And I totally understand the desire for white moulding and trim. I wanted white in our house, but it was a $7000 upgrade!!! If you can believe it. OH well, I also love black. I have black couches, a black bedframe and a black dining table. I have to stop myself cuz my tendency is to gravitate towards all of the black furniture. But you're right, white would balance it out.
I love it! I want one! How you find the time is beyond me! I am in total awe of you! JJ
Post a Comment