Nah, it's nothing that serious. My new design was just inspired last night by my desire to put the whole Easter Fiasco behind me. The eggs were reminding me too much of Easter. I also just signed up for ProBlogger's 31-day challenge to build a better blog. And I'm already stumped with the first day's assignment, which is to create an elevator pitch about my blog.
An elevator pitch? A mission statement? Uhhh...okay. This blog is about.... hmmmmm.
Lots of the bloggers that signed up for this thing are in it for the money, and I'm not, so that makes the assignment a little more difficult. I'm not trying to create an audience so I can make money off of them. I like to look at blogging as journaling with friends. Silent friends who never comment on what they read (with a few exceptions).
I've been wracking my brain, typing statements and then erasing them. Drumming my fingers on the table at Bread Company while I listen to the two middle-aged men next to me lament their career searches.
And then it came to me! Perfecto! I know exactly what this blog, and my life, is about.
Too many hobbies, too little time, two little boys.
What do you think? I'm supposed to run it by my peer group, which is you. Feel free to shout out your criticism. Or remain silent in lurkdom, whatever.
- H
4/14/09
Bear with me, I'm having a little mid-blog crisis
By Heather on 4/14/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Love it! Your wit is what keeps me coming back!
I like the new design better than the old design, but I like the design on heathertyfeatherty.com best. I am glad that the picture frame picture is gone.
As for your elevator speech, I don't think that constitutes an elevator speech. That is more of a slogan or tagline. An elevator pitch is more of a few lines describing what you aim to do here on HF.
I like your elevator line~catchy and to the point. Can't believe you did your assignment already. I thought I would skip this first one? It seems difficult, although you did it right away. I like your new design and understand about the old one.
About my post today on quitting my art teacher part-time job? I just started it in August and it's exhausting, the students are from poor homes and very challenging, to say the least. So I don't know what's in store for me next year. Perhaps subbing at my kids' school? We'll see.
I think I am old and uneducated and have no idea what an elevator speech is. Okay, maybe I'm educated, but not in the right areas.
Dontcha hate the noncommenters? Well, not hate, but if only they'd leave a comment every once in a while. Sometimes people I know IRL will come up to me (at church, for instance) and tell me they love my blog, and I had no idea they even read it!
I like it! I agree with Sara though it's more of a motto, great slogan than an "elevator speech." That would include a few sentances saying the what, how and why of your blog... but hey it's just a little blog assignment not a term paper. That AND I really like what you came up with!... whatever it is.
Post a Comment