Yes, I really made more skirts. How can I not make more skirts when they take twenty minutes to make? And yes, I am losing my mind but it doesn't so much bother me anymore.
I got my sewing machine's tension fixed today so I finished a few projects that have been laying unfinished for a week. That's not long for me.
This was, of course, after having a lovely day that started with my youngest son trying to cough up one of his lungs all night and then crying because of the pain. Then my dog ate poop and puked it up in the dining room. So I spent an hour cleaning that up and disinfecting both my entire house and my entire body, and bathing her and disinfecting her.
Then Griffin and I went to the fabric store to see if they could repair my machine, only to have the nasty lady working in the sewing machine department ridicule me for sewing too fast and making the machine bounce. She didn't look like she's ever done anything fast in her life. Maybe she only bugged me because she looked at my son with the dried snot on his nose with disgust. She's clearly not someone who likes babies.
But the end result of all this is that my machine works and my house is cleaner than it was yesterday. And my son is finally on the mend, I hope.
I think this will look super cute with a white t-shirt and clogs. I can sing Edelweiss and call myself Heidi while clip-clopping down the street.





5 comments:
Okay...I love the blue one, yes, the one with the fringe! I may let you add something to mine.....
Fabulous skirts!!
I can't wait to get my skirt back Thurs!
I'm thinking a tank and flip-flops with it...what do you think? What would you recommend? And what color shirt? Help me, my fashionista friend!
I just found your blog and I love it-- that green skirt is amazing! I'm so impressed you made it!
You are SO talented! I am in total awe of your sweing abilities!
Monica
Dang, I typed a long reply to you this morning on my blackberry, but I now see it didn't post.
I LOVE the green skirt. I love the pattern, I love the cut, I love the lack of fringe. :) I had a long diatribe about how that is my favorite type of skirt, but a good fit is hard to find. I also ranted about how cute it would be to wear a matching baby carrier. I am a dork.
I envy your sewing capabilities. Seriously.
Post a Comment