4/15/09

I was a wannabe

Have you ever seen something that just really captured your eye, but it's totally not you. Only, you loved it so much you went ahead and tried to make it you? And then it still wasn't?

Like, you found a dress on clearance that you had to have, but it hung in your closet for three years until you gave it to Goodwill because it just wasn't you.

That's kind of what I've been doing lately. I have loved reading some of the decorating blogs I'm hooked on, like Nesting Place, and Lola B's, and Our Suburban Cottage. They all have a very airy, ethereal quality to them and I fell in love with that.

So I tried to convince myself that I was robin's egg blue and white, that I was shabby chic and tassles and trim.

Only, you know what? I'm not robin's egg blue. I'm black and red and yellow. If I look around my house, I see black and red and yellow. I'm not tassles and trim. I'm clean lines and stripes and I'm a little scrapbooky.

So I'm going to stop going against my own grain, or at least dreaming that my grain was robin's egg blue, and I'm going to embrace the black and red and yellow! It's me. And I'm OK with it.

- H

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I love the addition of the tagline under your name. It makes the heading look more complete!

Marci said...

LOVE the tagline, too!!!
I think your new blog is fabulous~

Heather said...

I know exactly what you mean! I've had to give in to the fact that I am earth tones and geometric prints, I'm not toile and florals, no matter how hard I might with to be. Nester really does post some gorgeous pictures, but I'll have to be ok with admiring them, not copying them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...