First, the good news from today! I got some very very very good boxes in the mail today from Fabric.com and Fabritopia. When I opened them, I actually oohed and ahhed a little, rubbed my hands softly on the piles, and declared that they looked like candy all piled up like that.
Here's the candy.
I can't wait to play!
I put a new tunic on Etsy that I am going to make a bajillion of because I love doing color combinations like this. And I have a retro top/dress pattern from when I was a little girl that will go towards some of this.
Oh, and then there'll be the tunic for me that's made out of Heather Ross's Mendocino seahorses and fishies prints (on the right hand pile, they're fifth and sixth down from the top) because I am currently in love with aqua and orange combinations.
I'm so happy. So very very happy.
Secondly, I must say that I have the most superior tattoo adhesion skills in this household. The key? LOTS OF WATER. So much water it's dripping on the floor.
My husband did the one on this arm. We'll never really know what it was supposed to be.
I did this one. I think you can see the difference.
5/21/09
Eye candy...and the winner is.....
And now, the bad news. Wow, how is this for a total letdown?! My brother has won the tagline contest. Nepotism at work.
Why? you ask. Well, because he single-handedly managed to whip up many of my readers into such a frenzy of excitement that they too suggested taglines! And they were all so good, so I did what any passive-aggressive agoraphobic antisocial seamstress would do. I've decided not to use a tagline.
For the record, I liked Sew Happy and Mad Sewing for obvious reasons.
I also loved So-So Sewing for the mediocre products of my little sweatshop.
Heatherty Featherty from the Sew-Me State makes me laugh every time I read it.
Fabric takes flight is awesome and probably captures the whole shebang the best.
Thanks to everyone for playing along, and check back on May 27th because I will be participating in Sew Mama Sew's May Giveaway Day, and giving away a superty duperty cool prize to a winner chosen by random number, which is way better than someone chosen by moi.
- H
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Ohhhhh I am in love with your new fabric! I have a friend that really likes the skirts you did for my girls....she is wanting one...so hopefully she gets a hold of you! I want to pet the KILLER GEISHA!!!! It's freaking awesome!
1. Great fabrics, Heather!
2. You are the tatoo queen.
3. Your brother deserved to win. I kept checking back to see what else he'd come up with or what other people's comments would be about his. "Sew me state" takes the cake in my book.
That contest was a lot of fun~loved it!!
Post a Comment