I know, it's probably wrong somehow.
But if this is wrong, I don't want to be right.
Hey, I don't have a little girl anywhere nearby to test run things for me. I have to make do with what I have, and I have an exact 18-24 month size living right here in my own home.
This is the top/tunic I was mulling over last night. It's based on a dress pattern from the sixties, before I was even born. I had to make modifications because apparently back then they liked neckholes really super tight so that less air could get to a child's lungs and maybe that was why the mortality rate was higher? And they must have had way skinnier armpits or something because MAN were those holes small!
These were the same people who let toddlers play with lawn djarts.
And we rode bikes without helmets.
And we ate Pop Rocks with Pepsi.
And our cribs had bars that were wide enough for us to fit our heads in between them. I digress.
Anyway, I named it the ViVi, for the V's. Plus I like the name Vivi.
I'll be pulling out all my retro prints for this one. The florals and beachy stuff will go into the tunics, and the retro stuff will go into the ViVi's.
How cute would this be with elbow length sleeves and jeans in the fall? Or sleeveless with a turtleneck and jeans in the winter? Totally versatile.


5 comments:
Cute!
Do you mind if I put a link up on my facebook?
So darling, Heather.
Bless Griffin's little heart...if he only knew.
LOL! No, seriously, he makes an adorable model.
That dress is adorable! You have the best eye for detail! I am *loving* the apple buttons!
Are there any cute sewing creations for little boys? I love the outfit Jaime sports lookin like a diva and would love for Jacob to sprt your wears as well.
PS - Love the Killer Geisha skirt...may have to get my hubby to vheck out your Etsy site! :o)
Post a Comment