5/18/09

Ingrate

I spent the weekend purposely trying NOT to sew too much. It's like an addiction and if I don't watch out, it'll consume my every waking thought. So I spent a lot of time outside with the boys and running errands.

Anyhoo, I did manage to sneak in a few fun projects including a few superhero capes for a friend's kids. Cooper loved the first one and refused to take it off for much of Saturday morning. He kept asking for his superhero cape, so after he went to bed last night I went downstairs and made him one.


His response this morning?

Hey, Coop, look what I made you! Your own superhero cape!

Wow. {no exclamation in inflection}

Do you like it?

Yeah.
Do you want to wear it?

No.

Why not?

It's not special enough.

Special enough? What would make it more special?

If it was a superhero cape.

Apparently my friend's kids will be sporting very special superhero capes, while my own kid sadly dons a simple piece of cloth with decoration that affords him no superhero powers whatsoever. Life isn't fair.

- H

5 comments:

Angela said...

Ingrate indeed. Punk.

P.S. My word verification is tryin to tell me something. It's "lypoi," and that's just too darn close to "lypo." All in good time, word verification, all in good time.

Amy said...

I'm pretty sure that the more effort I have put into something, the more unimpressed my children seem to be. I've guilted my older ones sufficiently enough by now that they at least put on a good show of gratitude. But my younger ones simply fall to the floor in fits of "But I waaanted a (insert whiny request here)"

Sheesh.

kori bates said...

What a fun cape! I am totally there with Amy.

Angela....My verification is OCALKA...it sounds like VODKA!!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL, poor guy. It sucks that his friends get magical superhero capes and all he got was a stupid matching piece of cloth. :)

Marci said...

Ha!
I love the cape--Super Coop to save the day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...