6/5/09

Exactly what do week-old hotdogs smell like?

Apparently, my husband has "week-old hotdog breath" according to Cooper. He stayed home sick today and for the most part he was a doll until he woke up from his nap.

What is it about a nap that changes a child's personality from sweet and loving to evil and mean-spirited? You'd think they'd wake up feeling better but somehow that's not how it works with Cooper.

My husband went to give him a kiss late this afternoon and Cooper said "Ew, DAD! Your breath smells like a week-old hotdog!"

Hmmm....

Then this evening as my husband and Cooper were wrestling on the couch, he shouted "EW GROSS, DAD! Your forehead and nose is all greasy!"


At this point I asked him where he was hearing all of this, and he said "school."

He came to me while I was on the couch, carrying his camera bag that was clearly an offering from his imaginary restaurant.

"What do you want to order, mom? I have potatoes and mashooshee and...."

"I'll have some potatoes, and some mashooshee, then."

"Psshht! Nah, they're too spicy and they turn me into a robot."

Well in that case, I'll pass on the mashooshee. I have enough robots in this house.

- H

2 comments:

Marci said...

LOL! Sounds like Cooper is definitely feeling better, huh?

Angela said...

I just read that aloud during breakfast; it was too funny.

Andrew's mood when he wakes up from a nap is a crap shoot. Sometimes he's as sweet as pie, but most of the time he's a crabby old man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...