OK, you guys know how Michelle from Peony Paperie designed my business cards for my Etsy store? Well, she was also cool enough to lend me the feather icon so that I could make my own custom fabric from Spoonflower! How cool is that??!!
This morning while I had some downtime (downtime: time I didn't spend doing laundry or cleaning the house like I should have) I put together a little first-timers design and sent it off to the coolio folks at Spoonflower for printing! In two weeks I should be holding my own Featherty fabric. I even splurged on a piece of linen/cotton blend with black feathers on it so I could make a sweet summer tank or camisole for myself. Like my own walking brand reminder.
Wouldn't it be cute to design children's clothes that somehow incorporate the feather? Maybe just in the facings or a pocket or something, but it would be there.
Then while I was on the feather high, I went ahead and ordered custom stitched labels for my creations from China. I knew they were in China by their address (New York with $25 shipping costs from Asia) but also, the description of the labels was kind of a giveaway: We are thank you for supporting US and some of you guys are really make challenge for us but we never surrender, we always to try our best to finish your orders in the highest quality.
It reminded me of my friend Angela's hilarious pictures of signs from her trip to Japan. And the signage in China that needed to be changed before the Olympics because it was embarrassing to the Chinese that their English translations were so bad?
But we never surrender? People, you make fabric labels. This isn't like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. Nobody's life depends on it.
Well, somebody in the room I'm sitting in smells like poop, so I'm off to inspect diapers and make sure my husband hasn't soiled himself. Have a great Saturday night, y'all! I hope to be working in The Sweatshop later so I can share some of my new ideas and big inventions.
- H
6/6/09
I think I've died and gone to heaven
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Oh so excited to see your feathery fabric :)
Post a Comment