Hmm, little details like the pattern number in my previous post my have been nice.
So I shall share.
I made Burda 7834, pictured here. I added six inches to the length because I'm not so much a fan of people seeing my muffin top courtesy of the two monkeys pictured on my righthand sidebar.
A reader (Indie House) commented that she made it, too, and had the same situation with the tightness of the band under the breastage area, so I hunted down her post and it's here. She also explains sewing curves, which I hadn't really thought about but I guess for a beginner sewer may be a bit confusing. I tend to avoid pins and hold the opposing pieces while taking one or two stitches at a time.
The other thing about Burda patterns is this: the pieces go together very nicely, but the directions are somewhat sparse. For instance, they'll have a picture of two pieces going together but they don't tend to label the pattern pieces in the diagrams. Or in the description. So it's kind of an exercise in looking at the names of the pieces instead of the numbers.
Don't the Germans know we Americans are lazy and just want sew by numbers projects??!!
Oh, wait. They probably know that. They probably do it on purpose just to mess with us.
And then they'll write a paragraph that includes four or five very important steps with absolutely no diagrams whatsoever.
Hey, by the way? When I first made a Burda pattern sixty four years ago (ok, twenty-two years ago), they didn't come with seam allowances on the pieces. These days? They've caved to the lazy Americains and all patterns include seam allowances.
- H
7/22/09
Details would be good, no?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment