Not cars. Although, if someone were to give me a BMW it's not like I'd turn it away or anything.
No, in this case I'm in love with German engineering in sewing pattern-making.
I swear, every single time I work up a Burda pattern I am awestruck at how perfectly the pieces go together. Seriously. Cutting errors included, those patterns go together like they were born to be that way.
And for sewers, that's almost unheard of. I was impressed with Amy Butler's patterns because they have a similar quality to them, but Burda takes the cake. Too bad their selection is a little strange and limited and whatnot, although I'm learning to overlook the strangeness and try it anyway.
Here's my latest Burda top. I had feather fabric printed at Spoonflower months ago and I just now got around to actually making something out of it. It's also a shame I just assumed what size I was and didn't actually measure anything and compare it to the pattern measurements.

Cause I kind of have to hold in my breath to wear this top.

It's a good incentive to shed the ten pounds I'm carrying around for no reason.

This is the kind of top that could be a nightmare because of the bands, but instead it was a dream!
I still have to hem it, ignore the loose threads.
- H



8 comments:
That is great! Seriously! What a cute top, and so versatile!
Love it. What pattern number is it?
I made this shirt and had the exact same thing happen! But I love it and wear it anyway, I just don't take deep breaths ;)
I love it! And your feather fabric is FAB!
Oh Heather, that is gorgeous!!! I love it.
Love the feathers! And the top is super cute!
It looks amazing, and so do you!! Miss you! Glad to see you're blogging again. :)
Heather, that top is darling!! I love it. I love that style (hides the baby-pouch)...
Post a Comment