8/12/09

Rob Thomas is a nice guy, and other ramblings

First off, I'm sorry I've been so lax in writing. I think of things all day long, but I have little free time these days to put my fingers down on the keyboard and do a little typey typey. I haven't even had a chance to read my favorite blogs and see what everone's up to. Kind of cranks my pants if I were to admit it.

The other day I was listening to my radio station as I started my day, per usual. Lo and behold, there was a new guy with the old Guy and Courtney, and he was nice. Very down to earthy and participatory and not fraidy cat of being on the radio. You know who it was? Rob Thomas. Of Rob Thomas fame. He was doing a little live concerty thing, sang a bunch of unplugged hits of his. He really seemed like a non-ass type celebrity.

Then (yes, changing subject) I came across a French sewing blog that has beautiful pictures and patterns but my Yahoo interpreter leaves a little to be desired. Here's how they translated a recent pattern tutorial:

And here! Good, my poupette with me being in the average of the darlings of her age, any hold well with this method. If however your frog inherited the large legs its dad or your dindounette of the trunk of its great-grandmother, other measurements are there to enable you to lengthen or shorten the dress according to its own measurements…

Thus defer the top of the owner on your paper, with a front, and a back (the edge of the collar is a little higher in the back).


I laughed until my sides split. See? It doesn't take much to make an English major laugh! Just butcher the English language and I giggle.

- H

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love it! That is really funny!

Missssssss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christia said...

Super fabulous translation!

I'm glad you're back to blogging!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...