8/24/09

Ways to embarass your mother - No. 37

Easily confused with No. 36, wherein Cooper proceeded to pee all over the floor in the front of the line at McAlister's Deli at lunch rush.

No, this one is No. 37 on the list, which as of yet has no end. I'm hoping it ends somewhere in the two hundreds?

No. 37 - Pirates Don't Live in Our Neighborhood

We went up to our little street park last night. It consists of two rocking motorcycles and two swings, and two tennis courts. Lots of fun. Oh, and the goat house where the goats, chickens and farm cats roam around, often outside of their fencing.

Cooper ran into his buddy Jack from preschool, and the three of them (Griffin in tow) proceeded to run in circles and scream a lot, which is basically what "playing" is all about these days.

One of the neighbors from another street stopped by the park while out on a walk with his daughter and their poodle. The kids crowded around the poodle (can I pet your dog? can I pet your dog?) and the little girl was super proud to show her off.

And then my son, the one who peed on the floor at McAlister's, starting running and screaming some more.

Cooper, at the top of his lungs - "He's a pirate! He's a pirate!"

I looked at our neighbor. He only has one eye, the other socket is stitched shut.

Mommy, hissing - "Cooper, please stop screaming. He is not a pirate."

Cooper, loudly - "Why does he only have one eye?"

Mommy, talking low but hopefully not embarrassingly low - "Some people only have one eye. Everyone's different. Stop screaming."

Oh, my.

- H

4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh. My. Word. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Sonja said...

Too Funny!!! I have had a few of those moments. Most recently my eldest upon meeting the new neighbors across the street whom happen to be Afrcian American said...."I just love those chocolate people. I could just eat them up!" Um, and yes, it was loud enough for them to hear through the closed car door. Thank god they are very nice people.

Now I need to know where you got your owl cord fabric in your shop!!! I must have some :)

Heather said...

OMG that was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Aren't three year olds FABULOUS in their honesty? One of my sons, I've blocked out which one, once looked at a good friend of ours and declared, "Mom! He's really FAT!" Thank goodness said friend has a sense of humor and likes kids because his reply, as nothing would come out of my mouth, was, "Yep. That's cuz I don't eat all my vegetables!" :-) But I could've died on the spot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...