OK, second day in a row that I've failed the Pepsi Challenge. Which, in case you're curious and in case you're younger than, oh, thirty three, is a not-so-veiled reference to those Pepsi Challenges that used to plant themselves in the malls of America and let blinded people try to tell the difference between Pepsi and Coke. Hello?! That's not even a challenge. That's just free drinks.
I know I'm supposed to be officially quitting Pepsi, but once again I succumbed to my weaker side (which actually makes up about 92% of me cause I'm not strong nor do I have any willpower whatsoever) and drank half a soda with my McDonald's burger at lunch today.
What other choice did I have? I had two small boys in the back who were surely going to die of hunger and an acute lack of stimulation if I did not pull over that instant and equip them with food in a colorful box accompanied by a plastic toy made in China and coated with lead paint.
And it's rude to watch other people eat and not eat yourself. Right?
So I had a cheeseburger.
And everyone knows you can't eat a cheeseburger without a soda. Cheeseburger and iced tea? Gag. Besides, I'd already downed a gallon of tea while avoiding Pepsi this morning.
So I ordered a small drink. You all know those small drinks at McDonald's are really freakishly small.
And I only drank half of it.
So that's good, right? I'm definitely on the right track. Either that or I'm hanging by my fingernails to the train that's on the right track and I'm trying super hard not to fall off it and have the wagon roll over me.
You know the worst part? It wasn't Pepsi. It was Coke.
Oh, and I gained another two pounds yesterday.
- H
10/25/09
Crap. The wagon is rolling over me.
By Heather on 10/25/2009
This is about whittling down the belly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
It is so impossibly hard to quit soda. I've tried, and failed countless times. Really. I drink diet, so it's not so bad calorie wise, but hello artificial sweetener (my precious). Anyway, I think weaning your body off slowly is definitely the way to go.
Post a Comment