I've been totally stumped as to what Griffin might be for Halloween this year. Target doesn't seem to have anything cute for his age, and he's just not into anything. Cooper has a ton of requests, from ghosts to Spiderman to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which he's never seen, by the way).
I stopped at JoAnn's the other day and I found it! The perfect costume for Grif - he's going as a garden gnome. I can't wait to make it and share the pictures. For some reason I can't copy and paste a picture of it, I'm sorry.
The cool thing is the same pattern that has the turtle shell has the garden gnome, so I saved four bucks. Cooper's thrilled and so am I. And Griffie will be happy when people smile at him and give him candy. Of course, I overpurchased all the fleece so I have enough to make two garden gnomes and three turtle shells and the urge to do so and sell them on Etsy is very strong. Must resist. Must resist....
- H
10/4/09
Who doesn't love garden gnomes?
By Heather on 10/04/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Your boys are so lucky! I also have a Mom who can sew and I've always had the greatest Halloween costumes! Now my daughter is reaping the benefits and has a whole trunkful of wonderful costumes and dress up clothes.
Griffin is going to be adorable and I'm sure Cooper will be so cool looking!
I love that idea! Maybe I'll be a garden gnome, too!
That's great! Jack has had tons of requests too but landed on Buzzlightyear..well that's what mom bought for him anyway :) Still don't know what to do with Joey esp since here it will probably be too cold to go out with him so I might just try to make Jack's 1st costume work.
AWESOME!!!! Seriously I looked at that pattern, and I'm not a good sewer, yet! But seriously yay!
Aww Griffin is going to be the cutest garden gnome ever! I cheaped out this year and bought Axel and Raven's costumes :( They are both going to be pirates (cuz its probably the last year they will be okay with matching costumes.I am trying to make myself feel better by adding my own touches to the crappy storebought costumes :)
I can't wait to see pics of your boys in these!
Post a Comment