11/8/09

Back in the saddle again...except for one thing

I'm happy to report that Cooper is on the mend and Griffin managed to skate along the edge of H1N1 without taking a full Gaynor. What everyone has said about it being mild and not taking forever to run its course is true.

I had in my mind all the horror stories of the otherwise healthy children here who died of H1N1, so I was armed for battle when it showed up. If that's what it indeed was, because they are no longer actually testing for it.

That sounds kind of stupid, doesn't it? That they aren't really testing for that specific virus anymore. Don't you think the CDC would want to know the exact epidemiology of a viral outbreak? I'm just going to stop thinking about it, otherwise I'll start thinking of other weird things like why the Republican party is against gun control and abortion rights at the same time. Or why the Democratic party....yeah, you get my point.

So the good news is our sassmouth, surly three-year-old is back to being sassy and surly without the added benefit of dark circles under his eyes and a cough that rattled our windows.

I also finally finished some new creations for my Etsy shop that have been rattling around in my head for what feels like months. They can be seen in my sidebar once again.

Tomorrow morning I have to return to my dentist's office whereby I will let them tilt me upside down for an hour while they install a permanent crown. That's right, folks, I am officially old. I never knew what a crown was. It was one of those things old people got, like partials. I still don't know what a partial is, knock on wood. My grandma had two teeth that used to pop out at night. Maybe it's that?

Anyway, I broke a tooth on a soft turkey sandwich a few weeks ago and spent two hours in a chair two weeks ago while they drilled and drilled and drilled and drilled. Since then I've had consistent tooth pain and odd tastes of metal in my mouth.

I just love dental work. Dentists. Sadists. Wish me luck.

- H

2 comments:

Christia said...

Oh man! I despise the dentist! Not my way to spend 2 hours, at all. I wish they would let you watch a movie or something while getting dental work, or listen to a book on tape? Because at least you'd be doing something fun.

Christia said...

And also? I can't wait to have a girl. Your etsy creations leave me picturing my little girl (someday, right??) dressed smartly in Heatherty Featherty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...