That Penne. She's got good taste in funny blogs. I found this one with awkward family photos from her blogroll, which is pretty much where I find all funny blogs I read.
Check out the Cocaine family picture. There's something really funny and also really really sad about that one.
Oh, you know what crazy happened to me today?
So my mom has taken up the beautiful habit of taking my oldest out on Saturdays for Grandma-and-Cooper bonding time. Today they went to the Science Center to visit the Dino Exhibit. Much dino fun was had by both.
While they were doing that, I took my short boy to Target and to run around doing errands and such for our upcoming Family Vacation to Hawaii.
Got the things we needed at Target, loaded the boy back into my sweet Equinox, and drove to West County Mall, where I was to return some jeans I'd bought that didn't fit because I've gained so much weight because they were designed poorly.
And guess what?
I'd left my purse in the cart at Target.
Yeah, I thought I was going to puke.
So as I shoved my short boy back into his carseat and starting peeling out in the parking lot, I added to the safety factor by calling the Target store on my cell phone and begging them to look in the cart corral for my purse.
The lady who answered the phone said she'd send her Cart Guy out to look for me, but she didn't sound very convincing and all I could envision was the humanity that frequents this Target and their sheer joy at finding my purse and all of my worldly belongings just sitting there in a cart, waiting to be taken.
We drove somewhat rapidly back down the highway to the Target store, and my cart was still parked in the corral! Hooray!
And my purse wasn't in it.
So I wanted to puke a little again.
And then I went inside and the lovely lady at the desk had my purse. With no money missing, no credit cards gone. Probably someone stole my identity, but they can have it. They can pay the mortgage, too, while they're at it.
So all is well again.
- H
11/14/09
More funnies, if you can stand it
By Heather on 11/14/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Phew! What a relief! That is a horribly sinking feeling, I'm sure!
Hey, nobody told ME you were going to Hawaii! No fair, man.
Glad you still have your purse, and possibly your identity.
The same thing happened to me when I was a new Mommy and Mikayla was a few weeks old. I was also at Target, but didn't notice it missing for HOURS! (Hey, lack of sleep...ya know?) When I called, they had it. I went to get it and they asked me for i.d.. Ummm....can you get it for me, it's in the bag THAT YOU ARE HOLDING!!! Don't you HATE having your heart jump-started like that? I mean, credit cards can be replaced...but that Louis Vuitton is not insured!!!! HA HA HA (JK...kind of :) )
Post a Comment